The purpose of the competition is to get foreign students staying in our country as part of the Erasmus+ programme involved in the promotion of incoming tourism to Poland. Their task consisted of exploring the beauty of Poland and posting their stories on Instagram. Participants could win awards in five categories: #CitiesOfPoland, #NatureOfPoland, #FoodOfPoland, #ActivitiesInPoland and video.
“Today the impact of social media communication is becoming increasingly stronger. This is why it became obvious that the promotion of Poland should involve foreign students, who not only study in our country, but also relax, party and travel. Photos and videos they post online unquestionably influence the assessment and travel decisions of their families and friends. As a result, they are becoming effective ambassadors of Poland in their countries”, says President of Polish Tourism Organisation (Polska Organizacja Turystyczna – POT) Robert Andrzejczyk.
By no means was this an easy task for jury members, since as many as 1,195 posts were submitted – students from Russia, Turkey and Spain proved to be most active, with Wrocław, Kraków, Gdańsk and Warsaw among the cities they visited most often. Students from as many as 40 countries submitted their works in this year’s edition of the competition. In other words, our ambassadors made it possible for Poland’s promotion to reach almost twice as many countries as in the first edition. Winners will receive one-day vouchers to four charming places in Poland (Lawendowa Osada, Villa Greta, Ziołowy Dzbanek Agritourist Farmstead and Malowane Wierchy Agritourist Farmstead) along with sets of tourist gadgets. The competition organisers also decided to present the Grand Prix award, which includes, i.a. a four-day stay in a modern hotel and a tablet.
Winners of particular categories:
@lenkaautostopowiczka (Russia) - https://www.instagram.com/p/BxjqJVXl3sC/
1. @st_komarnytsky (Ukraine) - https://www.instagram.com/p/BuzQgoFhPxS/
2. @crazygame96 (Spain) - https://www.instagram.com/p/BxklnfnAFhG/
3. @popolskuspots (Spain) - https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv097_7lxrA/
Nature of Poland:
1. @nika.khabelashvili (Georgia) - https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxjm3BmiYjF/
2. @lenkaautostopowiczka (Russia) - https://www.instagram.com/p/BxS6VJQHGc_/
3. @djampaolo (Italy) - https://www.instagram.com/p/BxQZmA1FLJ4/
Food of Poland:
1. @thanhbachpham (Vietnam) - https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxk4C9onGpC/
2. @nesrinascii (Turkey) - https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxt-o6_oy-n/ (fourth photo from the album)
3. @creativelandia96 (Italy) - https://www.instagram.com/p/BxrVa9Lifdv/
Activities in Poland
1. @majolinaaa (Bosnia and Herzegovina) - https://www.instagram.com/p/BwppkCYAi80/ (second photo from the album)
2. @walter.catta (Italy) - https://www.instagram.com/p/BxSzE9JgXE-/
3. @alfonzobo (Spain) - https://www.instagram.com/p/BxhwTFQIOWf/