The Convention Industry Council (CIC) revealed the names of the 2015 inductees into the CIC Hall of Leaders and the 4th class of Pacesetter Award recipients. Kinga Socko, Conference Specialist, Poland Convention Bureau PTO is among three finalists Pacesetter Award.
The Pacesetters Award is meant for those who are exceptionally engaged in the development of the international convention industry. One of the award categories is "Young Professionals", for those who initiate changes leading to the development of the convention industry, represent professionalism and act according to the rules of business ethics.
“This year’s class of CIC Hall of Leaders and Pacesetter Award inductees represent a global footprint of the meetings, conventions, events and exhibitions industry and we are excited to celebrate their expertise, leadership and breadth of achievements. The iconic Hall of Leaders encapsulates a lifetime achievement award, while the Pacesetter Awards, recognizes emerging leaders who have made an impact,” said the CEO of the Convention Industry Council, Karen Kotowski, CAE, CMP.
This year’s honorees are:
• Amy Spatrisano, CMP, Former Principal of MeetGreen®, Nominated by Green Meeting Industry Council
• Larry Luteran, Former Senior Vice President of Group Sales and Industry Relations, Hilton Worldwide, Nominated by Meetings MeanBusiness
• Jane E. Schuldt, CIS, CITE, Founder and President World Marketing Group, Ltd., Nominated by Society of Incentive Travel Excellence
• Patricia Farías Barlow, CEM, CEO of the Puerto Vallarta Convention Center and FIDEES, Nominated by International Association of Exhibitions and Events
• Craig Smith – Retired, Formerly President of Freeman Audio Visual, Inc. Nominated by Exhibition Services and Contractors Association
Pacesetter awards recipients:
• Rafael Hernández, CEM, Publisher and CEO Latin American Meetings
• Kinga Soćko, Poland Convention Bureau
• Kate Patay, CPCE Executive Director of Sales & Marketing, Creative Coverings
The Convention Industry Council is an organisation aiming at supporting the development of the convention industry through awarding certificates recognised all over the world. CIC affiliates over 100 000 individual members and almost 20 000 companies, facilitating their development and in-service training. Among its members are such important international associations as ICCA, MPI, IAPCO and DMAI.