How can statistics be used in the tourism industry to study customer emotions? How to create a unique style of communication that embodies the city? What actions can influencers and content creators take to promote destinations? Why is culinary tourism so important and influences the image of a destination? How can you make money from sustainable tourism and why is sustainability important for tourists when choosing their summer destinations? Is space tourism still science fiction or is it a reality?
On April 14, 2023, at the European Solidarity Center in Gdańsk, the organizers of the New Trends in Tourism conference will draw the attention of event participants to four main areas:
- statistics in the tourism industry
- destination marketing
- experience tourism (including culinary tourism)
- sustainable tourism
The use of statistical data and appropriate analysis methods will certainly contribute to better planning of activities and effective adjustment of services to customer needs. Thanks to marketing, you can choose the best elements from the offer and use them effectively to promote the city, region and country.
The best experts from advertising agencies will talk about their tourist projects and experiences. Experience tourism is a topic that will certainly attract attention and allow you to construct an attractive offer. Looking at the industry from the perspective of a tourist is essential for success.
The panel devoted to sustainable tourism will allow you to learn about the latest global trends that make tourism bring positive effects to the entire local community and do not have a negative impact.
It is with great pleasure that we organize the New Trends in Tourism conference. This is one of the most important conferences for the tourism industry in Poland. Thanks to the event at the European Solidarity Centre, the tourism industry gets acquainted with the latest global solutions and trends. The rich program of the conference and outstanding experts will make everyone choose something for themselves" - sums up Łukasz Wysocki, president of the Gdańsk Tourist Organization, which is the organizer of the event.
New Trends in Tourism is a hybrid event, meaning you can take part in it both in person and online. NTT is organized periodically at the European Solidarity Centre, the most modern cultural institution where people, values and ideas meet. ECS, opened in August 2014, is still a new building on the map of Gdańsk and a place of many important events and conferences.
New Trends in Tourism 2023 conference program
- 08:30 - 10:00 The conference will be preceded by a morning review of industry media, which will be conducted by specialists from WSTiH in Gdańsk and journalists from such magazines as Horeca Business Club, Hotelarz or Rynek Turystyczny, so be at ECS from the very morning.
- 09:00 - 10:00 Registration
- 10:00 - 10:15 Opening
- 10:15 - 11:00 Research on the emotions of customers in the tourist industry on the web - Jan Zając (President of Sotrender, Expert in data and social media algorithms)
- 11:00 - 11:45 Can happiness be measured? On how to analyze the experiences and emotions of customers in the tourism industry - Janina Bąk (JaninaDaily.com, Statistics expert)
- 11:45 - 12:00 On the trail of a tourist - Katarzyna Nałysz-Safuryn (VisitGdansk, Coordinator of research projects)
- 12:00 - 12:30 Coffee break
- 12:30 - 13:15 A successful woman or a young rebel? What personality does your city's brand have and how to use it in communication? - Adam Kałucki (President of Locativo, Destination Marketing Expert)
- 13:15 - 14:00 Can't eat at the museum? Between a culinary museum and a gastronomic region - Magdalena Tomaszewska Bolałek (Kuchniokracja, Culinary tourism researcher)
- 14:00 - 14:45 Marketing of places - Dorota Woźniczka (Tigers Agency, Digital marketing expert)
- 14:45 - 15:45 Lunch
- 15:15 - 15:45 Towards more sustainable tourism. On roaming concepts and the hosting sector - Mariusz Czepczyński (lecturer at the Department of Spatial Management at the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Gdańsk)
- 15:45 - 16:45 Quality and emotions. What does the Michelin Star change and does the VIP customer exist? Wojciech Modest Amaro (Farmdining, The most recognizable Polish chef)
- 16:46 - 17:30 Space Tourism. The most exotic journey of the 21st century - Piotr Kosek (Astrofaza, Popularizer of science, space traveller)
- 18:00 - 23:00 - Networking evening
After the conference, it is worth relaxing. And it will be a great opportunity for that. The organizers invite the participants of New Trends in Tourism to a unique place - the Electric Crane, where they can look forward to an evening in industrial atmosphere.
The honorary patronage over the event was taken by: the Ministry of Sport and Tourism, the Polish Tourism Organisation, the Pomeranian Regional Tourist Organisation, the Mayor of the City of Gdańsk. The organiser of the conference is the Gdańsk Tourist Organisation, and the co-organiser is the European Solidarity Centre.