A session of the Polish Congress Ambassadors Programme Chapter, entrusted with the task of selecting this year’s laureates of the Programme, was held in the central office of Polish Tourism Organisation on 8 May.
The Polish Congress Ambassadors Programme is conducted together by Polish Tourism Organisation and non-governmental Polish Conference and Congress Association, with the regional support of locally operating Ambassador Clubs.
Ever since 1998 it has been aimed at promoting Poland as the seat of international congresses and conferences.
Polish Tourism Organisation - Poland Convention Bureau provides organisational support for the Polish Congress Ambassadors Programme and related services. It has the backing of the Polish Congress Ambassadors Programme Chapter, encompassing a group of eminent figures representing Polish science, economy and culture.
The objective of the discussed Programme is to secure congresses for Poland and provide effective assistance in drawing such events to our country by Poles operating in the structures of international organisations, e.g. researchers and professionals of various sectors.
In accordance with Programme Regulations, the right to appoint candidates lies with members of the Polish Congress Ambassadors Chapter, organisational units of the Polish Academy of Sciences, institutions of higher learning, scientific associations and organisations, cultural institutions, economic and self-government organisations, Polish Tourism Organisation, Polish Conference and Congress Association, regional convention bureaux, as well as people earlier honoured with the title of a Polish Congress Ambassador.
This year 16 new Ambassadors, representatives of both science and business, joined the eminent group of 236 Polish Congress Ambassadors.
The meeting began with Polish Congress Ambassadors Programme organisers - Robert Andrzejczyk, President of Polish Tourism Organisation, and Paula Fanderowska, Deputy President of the Polish Conference and Congress Association - taking the floor. The subsequent vote was presided over by Prof. dr. hab. inż. Marek Pawełczyk, Vice Rector for Research and Development, Silesian University of Technology.
The following Chapter members took part in the session:
1. Dr Alicja Adamczak, President, Patent Office of the Republic of Poland
2. Małgorzata Bartosik, Acting CEO, WindEurope
3. Dr Jerzy Chmiel, President, Polish section of the International Council of Organizations of Folklore Festivals and Folk Arts (ballot submitted electronically)
4. Paula Fanderowska, Deputy President, Polish Conference and Congress Association
5. Prof. nadzw. Jarosław J. Fedorowski, President, Polish Hospital Federation
6. Agnieszka Jędrzejczyk-Wojciechowska, Vice President, Polish Tourism Organisation
7. Prof. dr. hab. Janusz Lipkowski, President, Warsaw Scientific Society
8. Ewa Mańkiewicz-Cudny, President, Federation of Scientific and Technical Associations NOT – Chief Technical Organization (ballot submitted electronically)
9. Wojciech Maria Marchwica, Deputy Director for Chopin’s image, Fryderyk Chopin Institute / Institute of Musicology, Jagiellonian University
10. Jan Mazurczak, President, Poznań Convention Bureau
11. Prof. dr. hab. inż. Marek Pawełczyk, Vice Rector for Research and Development, Silesian University of Technology / chairman, Polish Congress Ambassadors Programme Chapter
12. Elżbieta Penderecka, President, Ludwig van Beethoven Association (ballot submitted electronically)
13. Małgorzata Przygórska-Skowron, Manager, Krakow Convention Bureau
14. Ireneusz Węgłowski, President, Chamber of Commerce of the Polish Hotel Industry
15. Piotr Wilczek, Programme Board Chairman, Polish Conference and Congress Association
Aneta Książek, Secretary of the Polish Congress Ambassadors Programme Chapter, and Karolina Gajewska attended the session on behalf of Pto - Poland Convention Bureau.
After discussions and a vote of the Chapter, sixteen members joined the list of Honorary Polish Congress Ambassadors:
1. Izabela Albrycht, Kościuszko Institute
2. Prof. dr hab. Małgorzata Filip, Institute of Pharmacology - Polish Academy of Sciences
3. Prof. dr hab. n. med. Zbigniew Gąsior, Division and Clinic of Cardiology, Medical University of Silesia; 2nd Department of Cardiology, Upper-Silesian Medical Centre in Katowice
4. Prof. dr hab. n. med. Alicja Hubalewska-Dydejczyk, Jagiellonian University Medical College
5. Prof. dr hab. n. med. Sergiusz Jóźwiak, Department of Child Neurology, Medical University of Warsaw
6. Dr hab. Michał Lenartowicz, Józef Piłsudski University of Physical Education in Warsaw
7. Prof. dr hab. Krzysztof Makowski, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Faculty of Historical Studies, Institute of History
8. Prof. dr hab. n. med. Dariusz Matosiuk, Rector for Scientific Affairs, Medical University of Lublin, Department of Synthesis and Chemical Technology of Medicines
9. Dr hab. Jacek Misiurewicz, Warsaw University of Technology, Institute of Electronic Systems
10. Prof. dr hab. n. med. Konrad Rejdak, Independent Public Clinical Hospital No. 4 in Lublin
11. Prof. dr hab. n. med. Monika Rudzińska, Medical University of Silesia in Katowice
12. Prof. dr hab. Kinga Suwińska, Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw
13. Prof. dr hab. n. med. Piotr Szopiński, Department of Vascular Surgery, Institute of Haematology and Transfusion Medicine
14. Prof. dr hab. inż. Arkadiusz Wójs, Wrocław University of Science and Technology
15. Dr hab. inż. Robert Wrembel, Poznań University of Technology, Faculty of Computing, Institute of Computing
16. Tomasz Zjawiony, Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Katowice
As a result of changes introduced this year into the Regulations of the Polish Congress Ambassadors Programme, the 2018 Polish Congress Ambassadors Gala distinguished not only Ambassadors but also, for the very first time, Polish Congress Patrons. The Congress Patron award is a way of honouring and appreciating the role of sponsors supporting a staged meeting or event.
The 2018 Polish Congress Patron title was awarded to:
1. The ADAMED Group for supporting the congress of the Polish Society for Vascular Surgery and educational undertakings held as part of partnership with the Society,
2. Fortum Power and Heat Polska Sp. z o.o. for supporting the Open Eyes Economy Summit – an international congress of the economy of values.
The Chapter presented the special Patron of the 2017 Polish Congress Ambassadors Gala distinction to Concept Music Art Sp. z o.o in recognition of the technological and logistical support it provided for the event in question and the comprehensive multimedia concept inspired by the oeuvre of Stanisław Wyspiański.
A meeting with this year’s laureates will be staged during the ceremonious Gala of Polish Congress Ambassadors at the Poznań Congress Centre on 27 September.