We are delighted to announce the composition of the council selected for 2016-2019. The annual task of the Council is to select the Ambassadors who contribute to selecting Poland as the venue of congresses and conferences in an outstanding manner.
The Polish Congress Ambassadors Programme is organised jointly by the Polish Tourist Organisation and the Polish Conference and Congress Association, and is intended to actively invite conferences to Poland.
‘We are glad that we managed to encourage such an outstanding group of experts from the Polish world of science, economy and culture to work with us. With each year, the ranks of the Programme laureates is also expanding. I would like to heartily encourage you to participate in the next editions and to organise events in Poland,’ says Aneta Książek Secretary of the PCAP Council, representing Poland Convention Bureau of the Polish Tourist Organisation.
The kick-off meeting of the new term of the Council and the selection of the head of the Council will take place at the International Congress Centre (Międzynarodowe Centrum Kongresowe) in Katowice on 17 September 2015 before the start of the official Gala of the Polish Congress Ambassadors.
The Council of the Polish Congress Ambassadors Programme for 2016-2019:
• Dr Alicja Adamczak, President of the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland
• Małgorzata Bartosik, Acting CEO, European Wind Energy Association
• Dr Jerzy Chmiel, President of the Polish Section of the International Council of Organizations of Folklore Festivals and Folk Arts
• Professor, MD, MBA, PhD, FACP, FESC Jaroslaw J. Fedorowski, President of the Polish Federation of Hospitals
• Professor dr hab. inż. Krzysztof Jan Kurzydłowski, Director of the National Centre for Research and Development
• Professor dr. hab. Janusz Lipkowski, President of the Warsaw Scientific Society
• Ewa Mańkiewicz-Cudny, President of the Polish Federation of Engineering Associations (NOT)
• Dr Wojciech Maria Marchwica, Deputy Director of the National Fryderyk Chopin Institute
• Professor dr hab. n. med. Bohdan Maruszewski, President of the “Wielka Orkiestra Świątecznej Pomocy” Foundation, Manager of the Cardiac Surgery Clinic at the Children’s Memorial Health Institute
• Jan Mazurczak, President of the Poznań’s Local Tourist Organisation/ Poznan Convention Bureau
• Professor dr. hab. Marek Pawelczyk, Head of the Measurements and Control Systems Division, Institute of Automatic Control, Silesian University of Technology
• Elżbieta Penderecka, President of the Ludwig van Beethoven Society
• Małgorzata Przygórska – Skowron, head of the Congress Office division/Krakow Convention Bureau
• Ireneusz Węglowski, President of the Commercial Chamber of Polish Hotel Industry
The organizers of the Programme are represented in the Council by:
• Rafał Szmytke, President of the Polish Tourist Organisation
• Krzysztof Celuch, Manager of the Poland Convention Bureau of the Polish Tourist Organisation
• Piotr Wilczek, Deputy President of the “Conferences and Congresses in Poland” Association
• Sławomir J. Wróblewski, Secretary General of the Polish Conference and Congress Association