Established as a prominent fixture in the realm of meeting professionals, the CityDNA Summer School has garnered widespread acclaim throughout its illustrious history, spanning an impressive 36 editions and attracting approximately 2000 students. Embracing the ethos of adaptability, this year's program has undergone a comprehensive revision, adeptly aligning with the ever-evolving times we find ourselves in while remaining firmly grounded in the practicalities of everyday life.
Embarking on a new chapter under the capable guidance of Dennis Speet, the Director of the Amsterdam Convention Bureau, the CityDNA Summer School presents an esteemed faculty comprising 15 distinguished experts. This accomplished group of individuals will navigate students through a plethora of invaluable topics, including the intricacies of bidding processes, adeptly handling diverse clientele, exploring the realms of sustainability, legacy, and equity, and delving into an array of other indispensable subjects. With their wealth of knowledge and experience, this esteemed faculty is poised to empower students with the tools and insights necessary to thrive in the multifaceted world of meetings and events.
“I am extremely proud to have been appointed as Course Leader for this prestigious event. Having worked closely with the team of CityDNA and the faculty leaders of the Summer School, I trust we have developed a fresh and inspiring programme, full of innovative industry learnings and surprises. I invite all industry leaders to send their new colleagues to this programme as it provides a solid start and a complete overview of the international meetings industry. Personally, I look forward to the opportunity greatly, and am excited to welcome you all to the programme.” Said Dennis Speet, Director of the Amsterdam Convention Bureau and new Course Leader of the CityDNA Summer School.
For more information about the event and registration details, visit the City Destinations Alliance website.
Participants can anticipate a diverse range of learning experiences, encompassing theoretical sessions, immersive workshops, interactive forums, collaborative group projects, ample networking opportunities, and a touch of lighthearted enjoyment. Rest assured, attendees will emerge equipped with a wealth of newfound knowledge and insights to navigate the multifaceted world of meetings with confidence.
As the Head of the Poland Convention Bureau, I am honoured to host the 37th edition of the CityDNA Summer School in Gdansk. This event offers a unique blend of professional development and cultural immersion, allowing attendees to not only enhance their skills in the Meetings Industry but also discover the rich heritage and vibrant atmosphere of Poland. It is a fantastic opportunity for participants to broaden their horizons, gain valuable insights, and forge lasting connections while experiencing the allure of our captivating destination, said Aneta Książek.
Encompassing a broad spectrum of professionals in the domains of DMOs, CVBs, hotels, airlines, DMCs, and PCOs, the CityDNA Summer School extends a warm invitation to all individuals seeking to embark on a rewarding journey or enhance their existing expertise. Whether one is at the nascent stages of their career or seeks to broaden their horizons, this immersive program serves as an invaluable platform for growth, learning, and networking. Following the culmination of the four-day endeavour in Gdansk, attendees can anticipate departing with a renewed sense of inspiration, enriched industry knowledge, and a robust network comprising newfound connections spanning Europe and beyond.
It is our utmost pleasure to welcome the esteemed conference to our captivating city. Prepare to embark on a remarkable journey where we will showcase the very essence of Gdansk, seamlessly blending our rich heritage with the vibrant tapestry of modernity. Attendees will have the privilege of experiencing the awe-inspiring beauty of our historic landmarks, the charm of our cobbled streets, and the thriving cultural scene that permeates every corner. From our renowned amber stone to delectable culinary delights and the allure of our sandy beaches, we are poised to offer an unforgettable exploration of Gdansk's unique blend of tradition and innovation, said Lukasz Wysocki, CEO of Gdansk Tourism Organisation.
10 REASONS TO COME TO GDANSK according to City Destinations Alliance (brochure)
- Gdansk has a rich and interesting history that spans over 1,000 years. As one of the oldest cities in Poland, Gdansk has been shaped by numerous wars and political changes over the centuries.
- It is an old Hanseatic city with a beautiful Old Town full of amazing Gothic architecture and cosy, cobbled streets filled with of stalls with amber, cafes, and great restaurants.
- It is a vibrant cultural scene, with numerous museums, theatres, and galleries – a spot perfect for those who crave contact with culture.
- Gdansk is known for the amber stone which you can find all over the city. A beautiful part of artistic jewellery of the highest quality.
- The city with a long history as a seaport and shipbuilding centre. Gdansk has always had a strong connection to the sea and shipyard cranes are a distinctive part of the city’s panorama.
- Gdansk offers cuisine that is hearty and flavorful, with traditional dishes such as pierogi, kielbasa, bigos, and zurek. Don’t forget to try exquisite fish dishes.
- Beautiful sandy, wide beaches complement the unique character of Gdansk and offer an attractive way of spending free time all year round.
- One of Gdansk’s strong suites is also affordable prices. The city offers excellent quality at a moderate cost.
- It is a city with popular attractions, including historic landmarks, museums, and beautiful parks. Well-known Europe-wide Gdansk is a true magnet for tourists from all over the world.
- Gdansk is a destination easily accessed either by plane (due to the modern airport) or by train and car. The choice is yours.
37th edition of the CityDNA Summer School, Gdansk in details
- When: 26/08/2023 to 30/08/2023
- Where: Dwór Uphagena ARCHE Gdańsk
- CITYDNA Contact: Julie Clerc email@example.com
About City Destinations Alliance
As an interconnected network dedicated to fostering knowledge exchange among cities and urban regions, the City Destinations Alliance serves as a catalyst for unlocking the immense potential of the visitor economy. Driven by a shared vision, this dynamic community strives to cultivate thriving cities throughout Europe, envisioning them as vibrant hubs where residents, professionals, and visitors alike can revel in a harmonious fusion of life, work, meetings, and exploration. United by a common purpose, the City Destinations Alliance cultivates a culture of curiosity and forward-thinking, fostering a spirit of continuous learning and inspiration. Within this supportive ecosystem, professionals from various backgrounds come together to share their insights, spark innovative ideas, and collectively propel the future of city destinations toward unparalleled heights.
#CityDNASummerSchool #CityDNA #eventprofs #PolandCVB